STXNEWS LATAM-Brazil regulator approves JBS deal for Seara Brasil
Brazil's antitrust watchdog Cade on Thursday approved JBS SA's purchase of Marfrig Alimentos SA's Seara Brasil-branded Brazilian processed foods business, without restrictions.
The deal for Marfrig's local poultry and pork unit for 5.85 billion reais ($2.55 billion) in assumed debt was announced in early June. JBS is the world's largest beef producer.
- Obama and Castro shake hands, Zuma humiliated at Mandela memorial |
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Reporter can keep sources secret in Colorado theater shooting: court
- Regulators seek to curb Wall St. trades with Volcker rule
- Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election |