Gabrielle weakens to tropical depression: NHC
(Reuters) - Gabrielle, which had regenerated into a tropical storm south of Bermuda, has now weakened into a tropical depression, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin late on Wednesday.
The storm system was packing maximum sustained winds near 35 miles per hour (55 km/h), the NHC said.
"The center of Gabrielle will continue moving away from Bermuda, remain well offshore of the U.S. east coast and approach Nova Scotia Friday evening." the NHC said.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Anand Basu)
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins