Renault, Bollore weigh joint electric car plans
PARIS (Reuters) - French carmaker Renault and industrial group Bollore on Thursday announced plans to join forces in bidding for electric car-sharing contracts and assembling battery-powered vehicles in France.
Bollore may transfer some production of its electric Bluecar mini from Italy to Renault's Dieppe plant in northern France under plans outlined by the companies in a joint statement but not yet finalized.
Renault may also provide "support" for the production of a future Bollore three-seater for car-sharing applications such as the Autolib' short-term rental program in Paris, they said.
(Reporting by Laurence Frost; Editing by James Regan)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack