Brazil's economic activity drops 0.33 pct in July from June
SAO PAULO, Sept 13
SAO PAULO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - The Brazilian central bank's IBC-Br economic activity index declined a seasonally adjusted 0.33 percent in July from June, the bank said on Friday.
The median estimate in a Reuters survey of 21 analysts was for a decline of 0.9 percent. The estimates were taken before the release of retail sales data on Thursday.
The index, a gauge of activity in the farming, industry and services sectors, rose a non-seasonally adjusted 3.38 percent over the same month a year ago.
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |