UPDATE 1-General Electric names PNC chairman to board of directors
Sept 13 (Reuters) - General Electric Co named PNC Financial Services Group Chairman James Rohr to its board of directors on Friday.
Rohr, 64, was PNC's CEO from 2000 through May of this year. He plans to step down as chairman of the bank next year, and also plans to leave the PNC board.
Rohr's experience in finance and risk will help General Electric, CEO Jeff Immelt said in a release. Rohr was elected by General Electric's board at its Friday meeting.
Shares of GE, whose businesses range from infrastructure technology to financial services, fell 0.4 percent to $23.76 in Friday afternoon trading. The U.S. conglomerate's stock has gained 13 percent so far this year.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Malaysia Airlines says lost contact with plane carrying 239 people
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales