Imperial Oil CEO says Kearl project producing more than 80,000 bpd
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 13
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Current production rates at Imperial Oil Ltd's Kearl oil sands project in northern Alberta are in excess of 80,000 barrel per day, Chief Executive Rich Kruger told a conference on Friday.
Kruger said production had been about 43,000 barrels per day in August, but rising rates meant Kearl was on track to reach full capacity of 110,000 bpd in 2013.
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Islamic State shows captive British journalist in new video |
- Australian PM says police raids follow IS linked beheading plot |
- New evacuations ordered as California wildfire doubles in size |
- Kurds issue call to arms as Islamic State gains in Syria