Imperial Oil CEO says Kearl project producing more than 80,000 bpd
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 13
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Current production rates at Imperial Oil Ltd's Kearl oil sands project in northern Alberta are in excess of 80,000 barrel per day, Chief Executive Rich Kruger told a conference on Friday.
Kruger said production had been about 43,000 barrels per day in August, but rising rates meant Kearl was on track to reach full capacity of 110,000 bpd in 2013.
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Missouri officials to reveal grand jury's decision on teen's shooting |
- Hagel, under pressure, resigns as U.S. defense secretary |
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- Iran nuclear talks extended seven months after failing to meet deadline |