RPT-KPN picks interim CFO as holds talks with America Movil
AMSTERDAM, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Dutch telecoms group KPN , the subject of a takeover bid by Mexico's America Movil, appointed Steven van Schilfgaarde as interim chief financial officer on Friday after Eric Hageman unexpectedly quit earlier this week.
KPN said the Supervisory Board intends to appoint a permanent successor in due course. Van Schilfgaarde, who was interim CFO from January to September 2012 and more recently was head of KPN's IT Solutions business, had planned to quit next month.
"Steven van Schilfgaarde planned to leave KPN per 1 October 2013 so I am glad that he will extend his commitment to KPN. With his appointment as interim CFO we have secured the support from an experienced finance executive," Chief Executive Eelco Block said in a statement.
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Ukraine protesters fell Lenin statue in challenge to Yanukovich
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections