Market Chatter- Corporate finance press digest
Sept 13 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* Leading bond-fund managers Pacific Investment Management Co. and BlackRock Inc bought about $13 billion of the debt Verizon Communications Inc sold in its record $49 billion bond offering, the Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter.
* Blackstone Group LP is hoping the stock market will value Hilton Worldwide Inc at around $30 billion, including debt, a source familiar with the situation said, as the private equity firm filed papers on Thursday to take the U.S. hotel operator public.
* A retiree healthcare trust will force Chrysler Group LLC to go public unless Italian automaker Fiat SpA agrees to pay top dollar - more than $5 billion - for the trust's stake in the U.S. automaker, several people familiar with the matter said.
* Exchange operator Deutsche Boerse is exploring plans to create a derivatives clearing house in Asia as a way to expand its post-trade processing services in emerging markets, two sources familiar with the matter said on Thursday.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics