UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Sept. 13
LONDON, Sept 13
LONDON, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening between 1 point lower and 1 point higher, flat in percentage terms, on Friday, according to financial bookmakers. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed 0.55 points higher on Thursday at 6,588.99, pinned under the 6,600 level despite strength in WM Morrison.
* VODAFONE - Vodafone has secured enough shares in Kabel Deutschland for its 7.7 billion euro ($10 billion) offer for Germany's largest cable company to succeed, Vodafone said after market close on Thursday.
* GLAXOSMITHKLINE - Generic drug companies can develop generic versions of Lovaza, a fish-oil derived drug used to treat high cholesterol and currently marketed in the United States by GSK alone, a U.S. appeals court ruled on Thursday.
* BWIN.PARTY - Recent weakness following a profit warning for the digital entertainment company may prompt M&A interest in the stock, according to the Daily Mail, with Google rumoured to be interested in making an acquisition.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
J D WETHERSPOON PLC PRELIM
SONGBIRD ESTATES PLC H1
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Alistair Smout, editing by Francesco Canepa)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |