CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as banks, energy stocks gain
TORONTO, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index opened slightly higher on Friday, helped by gains in heavyweight banking and energy stocks after the market hit a one-week low on Thursday. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 31.60 points, or 0.25 percent, at 12,732.65 shortly after the open.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky free after pardon |