RPT-Iran says wants swift resolution to nuclear dispute
BISHKEK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Friday that he wanted a swift resolution to a dispute over Tehran's nuclear programme, which Western states fear is aimed at developing nuclear weapons.
"Regarding the Iranian nuclear issue, we want the swiftest solution to it within international norms. Russia in the past has taken important steps in this sphere," said Rouhani, speaking at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Six people injured when camera catches fire at 30 Rockefeller Plaza
- Israel holds off on escalating Gaza barrage; West wants truce |
- Russia warns Ukraine after shell crosses border |
- Exclusive: YouTube weighs funding efforts to boost premium content - sources
- 'Excessive' rubbing of engine blades caused F-35 failure: Pentagon