RPT-Iran says wants swift resolution to nuclear dispute
BISHKEK, Sept 13
BISHKEK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - (Repeats with no changes to text)
BISHKEK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Iranian President Hassan Rouhani said on Friday that he wanted a swift resolution to a dispute over Tehran's nuclear programme, which Western states fear is aimed at developing nuclear weapons.
"Regarding the Iranian nuclear issue, we want the swiftest solution to it within international norms. Russia in the past has taken important steps in this sphere," said Rouhani, speaking at a meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin.
- Hong Kong protesters stockpile supplies, fear fresh police advance |
- Protesters stay out on Hong Kong streets, defying Beijing |
- Stocks head for worst quarter since euro crisis, dollar soars
- U.S. strikes help Iraq Kurds, army advances against Islamic State |
- Special Report: Islamic State uses grain to tighten grip in Iraq