Russia's MTS awards Samsung $55 mln 4G network deal
MOSCOW, Sept 13
MOSCOW, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Russia's top mobile phone operator MTS said on Friday it had signed a $55 million three-year infrastructure contract with Samsung Electronics Co Ltd to help it roll out a fourth-generation LTE network.
Samsung will install at least 3,000 base stations in Russia's north west under the deal, MTS said in a statement.
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- North Korea executes leader's powerful uncle in rare public purge |
- Student opens fire at Colorado high school, wounds two classmates
- Storm to cloak Midwest to Northeast in snow, freezing rain
- Insight: In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid U.S. drone strikes