Syrian envoy Brahimi to meet Kerry, Lavrov jointly on Friday- UN official
GENEVA, Sept 13
GENEVA, Sept 13 (Reuters) - The international envoy for Syria, Lakhdar Brahimi, will hold joint talks with U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov in Geneva on Friday, a U.N. official said.
"They will have a joint meeting this morning at 09:30 (0730 GMT)," the official in the Swiss city told Reuters.
Brahimi has been trying to convene an international conference, known as Geneva 2, to broker a political solution to the Syrian crisis. He met separately on Thursday with Kerry and Lavrov, who are in the Swiss city to discuss a Russian plan to put Syria's chemical weapons under international control.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East