Iran praises Syria's decision to join chemical arms pact
BISHKEK, Sept 13
BISHKEK, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Iran supports the Russian initiative to put Syria's chemical weapons arsenal under international control and the decision by Damascus to join a global anti-chemical weapons treaty, President Hassan Rouhani said on Friday.
"We would like to support all these efforts ... the Russian initiative and Syria's decision to join the convention focused on chemical weapons," Rouhani said at a summit of a regional security group led by China and Russia.
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa, world mourn 'giant for justice' Mandela |
- Key U.S. lawmakers urge China to back off on air defense zone
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'