Uniqa sells private equity funds of 400 mln euros
VIENNA, Sept 13
VIENNA, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Austria's Uniqa Insurance said it had agreed to sell a portfolio of private equity funds with a total volume of around 400 million euros ($532 million) to a number of investors.
The company, which is concentrating on its core insurance business in its main markets of Austria and central and eastern Europe, said on Friday the sale was a further step in the implementation of its new investment policy.
Uniqa said the transaction was subject to the usual conditions and would occur in phases, with the initial completion expected to take place before the end of this year.
($1 = 0.7514 euros) (Reporting by Georgina Prodhan. Editing by Jane Merriman)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits mistake over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |
- Thai military heads agree to meet protest leader at weekend |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994