Dell to focus on expanding sales capacity, emerging markets
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell said in an interview with CNBC on Friday the focus of the company, which he is taking private, will include expanding sales capacity and growing in emerging markets and tablets.
Dell, who won a battle with activist Carl Icahn to win control of the computer company, also said he will shift from a quarterly focus to a "five-year, ten-year focus."
He does not foresee a Dell entry into the cell phone market.
(Reporting by Franklin Paul; and Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Cortege departs to take Mandela's body to lie in state |
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- UPDATE 2-U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- U.S. budget deal could usher in new era of cooperation
Our day's top images, in-depth photo essays and offbeat slices of life. See the best of Reuters photography. See more