Dell to focus on expanding sales capacity, emerging markets
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell said in an interview with CNBC on Friday the focus of the company, which he is taking private, will include expanding sales capacity and growing in emerging markets and tablets.
Dell, who won a battle with activist Carl Icahn to win control of the computer company, also said he will shift from a quarterly focus to a "five-year, ten-year focus."
He does not foresee a Dell entry into the cell phone market.
(Reporting by Franklin Paul; and Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |