Dell to focus on expanding sales capacity, emerging markets
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell said in an interview with CNBC on Friday the focus of the company, which he is taking private, will include expanding sales capacity and growing in emerging markets and tablets.
Dell, who won a battle with activist Carl Icahn to win control of the computer company, also said he will shift from a quarterly focus to a "five-year, ten-year focus."
He does not foresee a Dell entry into the cell phone market.
(Reporting by Franklin Paul; and Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Divers feel with their hands for corpses in depths of South Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China ahead of visit
- Satellites show North Korea nuclear test unlikely: think tank
- Teen who stowed away on Hawaii flight resting in hospital
- China factory activity shrinks for fourth month |