Dell to focus on expanding sales capacity, emerging markets
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Dell Inc Chief Executive Michael Dell said in an interview with CNBC on Friday the focus of the company, which he is taking private, will include expanding sales capacity and growing in emerging markets and tablets.
Dell, who won a battle with activist Carl Icahn to win control of the computer company, also said he will shift from a quarterly focus to a "five-year, ten-year focus."
He does not foresee a Dell entry into the cell phone market.
(Reporting by Franklin Paul; and Sinead Carew; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- Search resumes for hundreds missing in South Korean ferry disaster |
- Separatists take armored vehicles, humiliating Ukraine forces |
- Ocean floor search for missing Malaysia plane cut short again
- BofA reports first quarterly loss since 2011 on lofty legal bill
- Ukraine launches 'gradual' operation, action limited |