General Electric names PNC chairman to board of directors
(Reuters) - General Electric Co (GE.N) named PNC Financial Services Group (PNC.N) Chairman James Rohr to its board of directors on Friday.
Rohr, 64, was PNC's CEO from 2000 through May of this year. He plans to step down as chairman of the bank next year, and also plans to leave the PNC board.
Rohr's experience in finance and risk will help General Electric, CEO Jeff Immelt said in a release. Rohr was elected by General Electric's board at its Friday meeting.
Shares of GE, whose businesses range from infrastructure technology to financial services, fell 0.4 percent to $23.76 in Friday afternoon trading. The U.S. conglomerate's stock has gained 13 percent so far this year.
(Reporting by Ernest Scheyder; Editing by Bob Burgdorfer and Krista Hughes)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |