Humberto weakens to tropical storm: U.S. hurricane center
(Reuters) - Humberto, the first hurricane of the 2013 Atlantic season, weakened into a tropical storm on Friday, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in its latest bulletin.
Humberto was located about 765 miles northwest of the Cape Verde Islands, with maximum sustained winds of 65 miles per hour.
Additional weakening is forecast during the next 48 hours, the NHC said.
(Reporting by Anupam Chatterjee in Bangalore; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study