Russia says U.S. and U.N. agree Syria needs political solution
MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and U.N. envoy Lakhdar Brahimi agreed at a Geneva meeting on Friday that only a political solution could end the violence in Syria, Russia's Foreign Ministry said.
The ministry said in a statement the three had agreed to meet again in New York on the sidelines of a U.N. General Assembly meeting later this month, for more talks on holding an international peace conference on Syria.
(Reporting by Gabriela Baczynska; editing by Andrew Roche)
- Target says data from 40 million cards stolen in November-December
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge
- As Modi storms into India's election, a quiet alternative emerges
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia