U.S. says it confident U.N. report to say chemical weapons used in Syria
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The United States is confident that a U.N. report will say chemical weapons were used in Syria but it was unlikely to assign blame, the State Department said on Friday.
State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said she was confident the U.N. report, without assigning blame, will "reaffirm that chemical weapons were used in Syria" on August 21.
(Reporting by Tabassum Zakaria; Editing by Eric Beech)
- U.S.'s Kerry expresses regret to India over diplomat case |
- Target stores' customers hit by major credit card attack
- Mega Millions winners in Georgia, California to split $648 million |
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- Fed cuts bond buying in first step away from historic stimulus |