Tropical depression 10 expected to become tropical storm later today: NHC
(Reuters) - Tropical depression (TD) Ten, now located about 135 miles east-northeast of Veracruz, Mexico, is expected to become a tropical storm later today, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said in an update on Friday.
"The depression is drifting toward the west near two miles per hour and a slow and erratic motion over the far southern Gulf of Mexico is expected during the next couple of days," the NHC said.
(Reporting by Arpan Varghese in Bangalore; Editing by Greg Mahlich)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Putin critic Khodorkovsky in Germany after pardon |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- Pizza outlet attacked as India, U.S. fail to cool diplomat row |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter