VW group sales almost flat in August as Europe shrinks
BERLIN (Reuters) - Sales of Germany's Volkswagen (VOWG_p.DE) group were almost flat in August as Europe's largest automaker conceded "difficult conditions" in shrinking core markets.
Deliveries edged up 0.1 percent last month to 720,400 cars, while eight-month sales were up 4.5 percent to 6.17 million, the Wolfsburg-based manufacturer said on Friday.
The 0.1 percent gain is the weakest sales month so far this year for the German giant which also includes luxury division Audi (NSUG.DE) and sports-car maker Porsche.
Group deliveries in Europe fell 3.3 percent in the first eight months to 2.39 million autos, VW said.
(Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |