VW group sales almost flat in August as Europe shrinks
BERLIN, Sept 13
BERLIN, Sept 13 (Reuters) - Sales of Germany's Volkswagen group were almost flat in August as Europe's largest automaker conceded "difficult conditions" in shrinking core markets.
Deliveries edged up 0.1 percent last month to 720,400 cars, while eight-month sales were up 4.5 percent to 6.17 million, the Wolfsburg-based manufacturer said on Friday.
The 0.1 percent gain is the weakest sales month so far this year for the German giant which also includes luxury division Audi and sports-car maker Porsche.
Group deliveries in Europe fell 3.3 percent in the first eight months to 2.39 million autos, VW said. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- Co-pilot spoke last words heard from missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimea asks to join Russia after Soviet-style vote |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Global stocks rise, yen slips after peaceful Crimea vote |