Storm Ingrid strengthens to category 1 hurricane
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Ingrid strengthened to a category 1 hurricane on Saturday, to become the second hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
Ingrid, about 195 miles (315 km) from Mexico's Gulf coast, was packing winds of up to 75 miles per hour (120 kmph), the NHC said.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |