Storm Ingrid strengthens to category 1 hurricane
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Ingrid strengthened to a category 1 hurricane on Saturday, to become the second hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
Ingrid, about 195 miles (315 km) from Mexico's Gulf coast, was packing winds of up to 75 miles per hour (120 kmph), the NHC said.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone