Storm Ingrid strengthens to category 1 hurricane
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Ingrid strengthened to a category 1 hurricane on Saturday, to become the second hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
Ingrid, about 195 miles (315 km) from Mexico's Gulf coast, was packing winds of up to 75 miles per hour (120 kmph), the NHC said.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Islamic State crushes and coerces on march towards Baghdad