Storm Ingrid strengthens to category 1 hurricane
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14
MEXICO CITY, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tropical Storm Ingrid strengthened to a category 1 hurricane on Saturday, to become the second hurricane of the Atlantic season, the National Hurricane Center (NHC) said.
Ingrid, about 195 miles (315 km) from Mexico's Gulf coast, was packing winds of up to 75 miles per hour (120 kmph), the NHC said.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details