China welcomes Russia-U.S. accord on Syria chemical weapons
BEIJING, Sept 15
BEIJING, Sept 15 (Reuters) - Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Sunday that he welcomed a deal reached by the United States and Russia to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons arsenal.
"We believe that this framework agreement has ameliorated the present explosive and tense situation in Syria," Wang told visiting French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius.
- Target holiday cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion
- Special Report: Why Ukraine spurned the EU and embraced Russia
- Facebook, Zuckerberg, banks must face IPO lawsuit: judge