India's Sun Pharma gets FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
- Search planes find no sign of missing airliner at spot located by China |
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |
- Malaysia failing credibility test as flight confusion deepens
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Vietnam search fruitless at site where China satellite detected suspected plane debris - witness