India's Sun Pharma gets FDA nod for Prevacid generic drug
MUMBAI (Reuters) - India's Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd said its unit has received U.S. Food and Drug Administration's (USFDA) final approval for the generic version of Prevacid.
The approval is for Lansoprazole Delayed-Release Capsules USP, 15 and 30 mg, which are therapeutic equivalents of Takeda Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd's capsules, the company said in a release late on Saturday.
The capsules have annual sales of $430 million in the United Sates, it said.
The capsules are used for short-term treatment for healing and symptom relief of active duodenal ulcer, it said.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 2-China bars banks from bitcoin transactions
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'
- Ford launches new global Mustang to buoy brand, boost margins
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World