CORRECTED-TD to issue Aeroplan credit cards, CIBC to keep half of portfolio
(Corrects paragraph 2 to say earnings of 10 Canadian cents per share is on an adjusted basis)
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Aimia Inc struck a deal with Toronto-Dominion Bank and Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce under which TD will be the issuer of Aeroplan credit cards and acquire half of CIBC's existing portfolio, with CIBC retaining the rest.
TD said the deal, effective Jan. 1, would contribute 10 Canadian cents per share on an adjusted basis to earnings next year.
Earlier this year, Aimia said TD would replace CIBC as the issuer of the popular flight rewards card after Aimia and CIBC failed to reach an agreement to renew their contract.
CIBC has been the main issuer for more than 20 years. (Reporting by Krithika Krishnamurthy in Bangalore; Editing by Kirti Pandey)
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections
- Thai PM proposes referendum on her future as protesters prepare big push
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police