Kennametal to buy Allegheny's tungsten materials business for $605 mln
Sept 16 (Reuters) - Industrial toolmaker Kennametal Inc said it would buy Allegheny Technologies Inc's tungsten materials business for $605 million to strengthen its materials and cutting tools business.
Kennametal said it expected the acquisition to be neutral for earnings for fiscal 2014 ending June.
Allegheny Technologies' tungsten material business, ATI Tungsten Materials, makes tungsten powder, tungsten heavy alloys, tungsten carbide materials and carbide cutting tools.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance