Bombardier says cost of CSeries rose to $3.9 billion
MIRABEL, Quebec, Sept 16
MIRABEL, Quebec, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Bombardier Inc said on Monday that the cost of developing its CSeries jetliner had climbed to about $3.9 billion from its previous estimate of $3.4 billion.
Michele Arcamone, president of Bombardier Commercial Aircraft, said at a press conference that the figure had climbed as the development progressed and the costs became more clear. He said the aim is to keep the cost below $4 billion. The updated figure came on the day the new plane made its first flight.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections