UK watchdog probing PwC audit of Berkeley
LONDON, Sept 16
LONDON, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Britain's accounting watchdog said it has opened an investigation into whether PricewaterhouseCoopers was acting independently when it checked the books of UK house builder Berkeley Group Holdings.
The Financial Reporting Council said on Monday the probe will look at PwC's audit of Berkeley's financial statements for the year that ended April 30, 2012, as a result of a former PwC partner joining Berkeley's board.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |