Encana shuts 397 gas wells in Colorado due to flooding
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 16
CALGARY, Alberta, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Canadian natural gas producer Encana Corp has shut 397 out of 1,241 wells in the Denver-Julesburg basin, Colorado, as a result of recent flooding in the state, a company spokesman said on Monday.
"That began last Thursday when we started to have heavy rains and there is no estimate on when these wells will be brought back into production," Encana spokesman Doug Hock said.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |