H&M comparable sales grow 4 pct in August
STOCKHOLM, Sept 16
STOCKHOLM, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Swedish budget fashion retailer Hennes & Mauritz said on Monday its sales in stores open at least a year rose 4 percent in August, overshooting expectations.
The mean forecast in a Reuters poll of analysts had been for a 3 percent rise in local currencies.
Total sales in August - the final month of H&M's fiscal third quarter - were up 14 percent in local currencies, above a forecast of 13 percent.
Net quarterly sales, excluding sales tax, totalled 32.0 billion Swedish crowns, slightly above a forecast of 31.8 billion and up from a year-earlier 28.8 billion.
(Reporting by Stockholm Newsroom)
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Fast-food workers to launch intensified protests across U.S.