Parmalat won't buy Brazil's Lacteos - source
MILAN, Sept 16
MILAN, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The board of Italian dairy group Parmalat has decided not to proceed with the acquisition of Brazilian dairy conglomerate Lacteos Brasil SA, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.
In August Parmalat, which is controlled by France's Lactalis, said it was in exclusive talks with Lacteos for a limited period to see if the conditions existed for a possible acquisition.
The bankrupt Lacteos called for creditor protection in February.
(Reporting by Elisa Anzolin, writing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'