Parmalat won't buy Brazil's Lacteos - source
MILAN, Sept 16
MILAN, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The board of Italian dairy group Parmalat has decided not to proceed with the acquisition of Brazilian dairy conglomerate Lacteos Brasil SA, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.
In August Parmalat, which is controlled by France's Lactalis, said it was in exclusive talks with Lacteos for a limited period to see if the conditions existed for a possible acquisition.
The bankrupt Lacteos called for creditor protection in February.
(Reporting by Elisa Anzolin, writing by Stephen Jewkes)
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters press on |
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested |
- Venezuela's Maduro to raise pressure on business after local vote