Ranbaxy says not received any FDA communication on import alert
MUMBAI, Sept 16
MUMBAI, Sept 16 (Reuters) - India's Ranbaxy Laboratories Ltd said on Monday it had not received any communication from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration on an import ban on its Mohali factory in northern India.
"We are seeking information from the USFDA in this regard," the company said in a statement issued to the stock exchanges.
The FDA slapped an "import alert" on the Mohali factory in northern India on Friday, saying the plant owned by India's biggest drugmaker by sales had not met so-called good manufacturing practices, the U.S. regulator said on its website.
- Total CEO de Margerie killed in Moscow as jet hits snow plow |
- Pistorius starts five-year term for killing Reeva Steenkamp
- Ebola crisis turns a corner as U.S. issues new treatment protocols
- Fashion designer Oscar de la Renta dead at 82 |
- U.S. Congress examining deal between NSA official, ex-agency chief