West, Russia agree Syria to face consequences for non-compliance: US
PARIS, Sept 16
PARIS, Sept 16 (Reuters) - The United States, Britain, France and Russia agree Syria must face consequences if it does not fully comply with a U.N. resolution to ensure a handover of its chemical weapons, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said on Monday.
"If (Syrian leader Bashar al-) Assad fails in time to abide by the terms of this framework, make no mistake, we are all agreed - and that includes Russia - that there will be consequences," Kerry said at a news conference in Paris with his French and British counterparts.
- Special Report: Thailand secretly supplies Myanmar refugees to trafficking rings |
- UPDATE 1-China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- The 10 Most Corrupt and Least Corrupt Countries in the World
- China central bank warns banks against use of bitcoin
- Obama says he's not allowed iPhone for 'security reasons'