Telecom Italia chairman confirms board to meet on Oct. 3
TURIN, Sept 16
TURIN, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Telecom Italia chairman Franco Bernabe confirmed on Monday that a board meeting expected for September 19 would take place on October 3.
"The September 19 board meeting has not been called. We had a meeting already scheduled for October 3. We've decided to do it then," Bernabe said on the sidelines of a conference.
Earlier on Monday sources told Reuters the Italian telecoms incumbent had scrapped a crucial board meeting set for Sept. 19.
The meeting was expected to discuss a proposal by Spanish telecoms operator Telefonica to buy out Telecom Italia's core domestic shareholders.
(Reporting by Stefano Rebaudo, writing by Stephen Jewkes)
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; snow heads East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'