Telekom Austria makes Katsiroumpas Bulgaria chief
VIENNA, Sept 16
VIENNA, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Telekom Austria named Thanasis Katsiroumpas on Monday as chief executive of its Mobiltel business in Bulgaria, one of its major markets locked in fierce competition.
Katsiroumpas moves from being CEO of Vip mobile in Serbia to replace Andreas Maierhofer, who did not renew his contract after 10 years working for the group abroad, the company said. Mobiltel marketing head Martin Lippautz was also leaving.
Katsiroumpas, 51, has more than two decades of experience in the sector, primarily in southeastern Europe.
Chief Executive Hannes Ametsreiter called him one of the group's most experienced managers who will now take on "certainly the most difficult market in the Telekom Austria group".
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image