Tencent invests $448 mln to buy 36.5 pct stake in Sohu's search engine
BEIJING, Sept 16
BEIJING, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Tencent Holdings Ltd said on Monday that it will buy a 36.5 percent stake in Sohu.com Inc's Sogou search engine, China's third-largest, to lift its presence in the fast-growing China market for search and Internet services.
Tencent's share could increase to roughly 40 percent in the near future, it said in a statement.
Tencent's own search engine, Soso, has a 3.15 percent market share by users. Sogou has a 10 percent share, behind Qihoo 360 Technology with 17 percent and Baidu Inc with 66.4 percent.
- Ten countries scour sea for Malaysia jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- Shots fired in air during raid at Crimea naval base |
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Pistorius vomits in court at Steenkamp autopsy details