Suspected shooter served in U.S. Navy reserves
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Aaron Alexis, the 34-year-old suspected shooter behind Monday's rampage at the U.S. Navy Yard in Washington, served full time in the U.S. Navy's Reserve from May 2007 to January 2011, a Navy official told Reuters.
It was still unclear whether Alexis was working at the U.S. Navy Yard in a civilian capacity at the time of the incident, the official added.
(Reporting by Phil Stewart)
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |