Kerry to meet China's foreign minister to discuss Syria, North Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will host China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi at a meeting and working lunch on Thursday at which Syria and North Korea will be discussed, the State Department said on Monday.
"While this meeting has been planned for some time, we do expect the secretary and foreign minister to discuss current issues, such as the DPRK (North Korea) and Syria," spokeswoman Marie Harf told a regular news briefing.
China has welcomed a deal reached by the United States and Russia to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons arsenal.
(Reporting By Susan Cornwell)
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- California passes plastic bag ban, would be first such law in U.S
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic