Kerry to meet China's foreign minister to discuss Syria, North Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will host China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi at a meeting and working lunch on Thursday at which Syria and North Korea will be discussed, the State Department said on Monday.
"While this meeting has been planned for some time, we do expect the secretary and foreign minister to discuss current issues, such as the DPRK (North Korea) and Syria," spokeswoman Marie Harf told a regular news briefing.
China has welcomed a deal reached by the United States and Russia to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons arsenal.
(Reporting By Susan Cornwell)
- 'Weird Al' Yankovic still trying to wrap head around No. 1 album
- French warplanes search Mali desert for crashed Air Algerie plane |
- Wreckage of Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people found in Mali |
- Crunch time for Gaza truce talks as death toll passes 800 |
- World's oldest joke traced back to 1900 BC