Kerry to meet China's foreign minister to discuss Syria, North Korea
WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will host China's Foreign Minister Wang Yi at a meeting and working lunch on Thursday at which Syria and North Korea will be discussed, the State Department said on Monday.
"While this meeting has been planned for some time, we do expect the secretary and foreign minister to discuss current issues, such as the DPRK (North Korea) and Syria," spokeswoman Marie Harf told a regular news briefing.
China has welcomed a deal reached by the United States and Russia to eliminate Syria's chemical weapons arsenal.
(Reporting By Susan Cornwell)
- Tesla says in talks with BMW over car batteries, parts
- Exclusive: China ready to cut rates again on fears of deflation - sources
- Actor Dwight Henry eyed in New Orleans killing after arrest for theft
- China building South China Sea island big enough for airstrip: report
- Suicide bomber kills 45 at volleyball match in Afghanistan