S&P revises Chicago's outlook to negative over pension payments
CHICAGO, Sept 16
CHICAGO, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services revised the outlook on Chicago's A-plus general obligation rating to negative from stable, citing a looming jump in the city's public pension payments.
"The outlook change reflects our view of the risks involved in how the city will address its upcoming, large pension payments," said S&P credit analyst Helen Samuelson in a statement released late on Friday.
- U.S. nurse defies Maine's Ebola quarantine, takes bike ride |
- Clashes erupt as Israeli police kill Palestinian suspected of shooting Jewish far-rightist
- SoftBank's humanoid robot lands job as Nescafe salesman
- Ukraine gas supplies in doubt as Russia seeks EU payment deal
- Dollar surges as Fed ends QE on hawkish note