S&P revises Chicago's outlook to negative over pension payments
CHICAGO, Sept 16
CHICAGO, Sept 16 (Reuters) - Standard & Poor's Ratings Services revised the outlook on Chicago's A-plus general obligation rating to negative from stable, citing a looming jump in the city's public pension payments.
"The outlook change reflects our view of the risks involved in how the city will address its upcoming, large pension payments," said S&P credit analyst Helen Samuelson in a statement released late on Friday.
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions, raps U.S. over Ukraine role
- First Ebola victim in Sierra Leone capital on the run
- Short Gaza truce takes hold; many bodies pulled from rubble |
- Amazon's far-reaching ambitions, lack of profits, unnerve investors |
- Apple iPhones allow extraction of deep personal data, researcher finds