Jefferies profit plunges as fixed-income business slumps
Sept 17 (Reuters) - Jefferies Group LLC reported an 83 percent drop in quarterly profit due to lower revenue in its fixed-income business.
Net earnings fell to $11.7 million for the third quarter ended Aug. 31, from $70.2 million, a year earlier.
Revenue fell 30 percent to $517 million.
Jefferies is now part of investment group Leucadia National Corp.
- U.S. Mega Millions lottery up to $400 million, 2nd-biggest ever
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year |
- Uruguay becomes first country to legalize marijuana trade
- Thousands of South Africans line up to see Mandela lie in state |
- China bitcoin arbitrage ends as traders work around capital controls