UK to consider retail offer in future Lloyds share sales
LONDON, Sept 17
LONDON, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Britain will consider offering shares to private retail investors when it offloads more of its stake in Lloyds Banking Group, Finance Minister George Osborne said on Tuesday.
"This is the first in a multi-staged sale programme. I will consider all options for later sales of our shareholding in Lloyds, including a retail offering to the general public," Osborne said in a letter to Andrew Tyrie, chairman of the Treasury Select Committee.
- Putin dissolves state news agency, tightens grip on Russia media
- North Korea says Kim's powerful uncle dismissed for 'criminal acts'
- Thai PM calls snap election, protesters want power now |
- Record cold, ice grip U.S.; more snow to blanket East
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'