CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as financials, Valeant gain
TORONTO, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Tuesday after gains in the financial sector and in Valeant Pharmaceuticals helped offset a decline in Potash Corp . The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 19.49 points, or 0.15 percent, at 12,836.37 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing plane-sources |
- Russia ships troops into Ukraine, repeats invasion threat |
- Search for Malaysian plane may extend to Indian Ocean - U.S |
- Russia blocks internet sites of Putin critics