CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as financials, Valeant gain
TORONTO, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Tuesday after gains in the financial sector and in Valeant Pharmaceuticals helped offset a decline in Potash Corp . The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 19.49 points, or 0.15 percent, at 12,836.37 shortly after the open.
- Gaza fighting abates as diplomatic tension flares |
- Hague court orders Russia to pay $50 billion in Yukos case
- Pushing locals aside, Russians take top rebel posts in east Ukraine
- Europe subdued, Russia shares tumble on new sanctions
- Fighting complicates Ukraine crash probe, U.S., EU prepare Russia sanctions |