CANADA STOCKS-TSX opens higher as financials, Valeant gain
TORONTO, Sept 17 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index rose on Tuesday after gains in the financial sector and in Valeant Pharmaceuticals helped offset a decline in Potash Corp . The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 19.49 points, or 0.15 percent, at 12,836.37 shortly after the open.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- U.S. diplomats, but not prosecutors, seek to quell India dispute |
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans