Mosaic CEO-Potash volume over price plan fails 'economic sniff test'
Sept 17 (Reuters) - A potash marketing strategy that focuses on maximizing sales volume rather than price fails the "economic sniff test," Mosaic Co Jim Prokopanko said on Tuesday at the Credit Suisse Chemical and Ag Science investor conference in New York.
Potash prices have slipped since midsummer, when the biggest global producer Uralkali OAO quit its export partnership with Belaruskali and said it would seek to maximize sales volumes.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions